View Single Post
      10-17-2022, 11:19 PM   #20
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Do note the MT article uses hybrid(EV + ICE) instead of pure EV-only mode.

In EV-only mode, G20 330e's electric motor only has 110HP, and the clip in post#18 shows how 330e accelerates while pulling almost 4100lb with 110HP(10+ seconds 0-60 is consistent with my experience too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
I can tell you that video is bogus. The car accelerates much more quickly than that driver does in the video. I drive every day in EV only mode & have no issues accelerating from a stop not merging & getting up to speed. Tbh it's very easy to unknowingly exceed the speed limit when accelerating because in EV mode you have instant torque.

"The electric motor's instant low-end torque can easily overpower the rear wheels, making them spin nonstop." We found the XtraBoost setting (which unleashes the full 288 horses) didn't make a difference in the 0-60 runs, but using the Individual drive mode to select a softer suspension setting did.
Once we had this methodology down pat—hold the revs at 1,700, release the brake, and gradually apply the accelerator while feeling for traction—we got our best launch. With the numbers totted up, the 2021 BMW 330e made it to 60 mph in 5.0 seconds. For those keeping score, that's 0.4 second quicker than the 330i M Sport we tested last year. It's also quite a bit better than BMW's own official claim of 0-62 mph in 5.9 seconds." - https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...st-review/amp/
Appreciate 0