View Single Post
      09-17-2022, 01:06 PM   #19
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
You do realize tesla isn't the only car maker that produces EV's now right?
So you see where this is headed then...

Quote:
So if people want to nitpick what the OP has posted, you can then make your judgement on tesla as a brand, not so much EV.
How much to other brand EV batteries cost?

Quote:
There is a battery swap station in china already that can swap an ENTIRE BATTERY PACK in under 5 minutes. You literally drive over a section, similar to an oil change place, and everything is done from the bottom automatically.
And how much does it cost?

Quote:
The average life of a modern day engine doesn't last as long, especially when you take into account a direct injection engine. Have you ever opened up one with as little as 30k miles? The inside is caked with carbon deposits.

I would absolutely applaud an EV if the battery pack lasts 8 years vs a modern day ICE engine that is already destroyed with carbon deposits at 30k miles.
Destroyed?

Quote:
It seems that people are trying their best to brainwash themselves that EV can't work lol

News flash people, it WILL WORK, as you're already seeing it. There's minor flaws that will be addressed. You can be a fan of both EV and ICE. There is nothing wrong with that.

But might as well embrace EV, as they're coming strong and fast. (that's what she said)
It can and will work. Just like we predict we need to change our oil and replace spark plugs on ICE's, know that for some of these EV's you are looking at a potential $25,000 repair bill at some point in it's life for the battery, and there is little you can do to predict when or how many miles that need will arrive.

Clearly this Tesla owner should have been putting away extra cash to build up a $25,000 repair reserve for his car. He could have embraced that. I've read a lot of articles that note how much less expensive it is to maintain an EV, there is no oil to change, etc. Clearly that's only half the truth. It changes the ownership strategy and overall ownership experience, lets all get on board with that now since the EV's are coming.
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
x622987.50
M3 boi3211.00