View Single Post
      08-22-2022, 01:38 PM   #4
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Including consumables (eg. tires, brakes) I’ve averaged 3K a year to keep my 335i in top shape. I’ve driven it 70K miles since purchasing it in January of 2018.

My car is entirely stock, my turbos are original (no waste gate rattle), and while I drive it like a BMW, I’m also kind to it (eg. not flooring it while the engine’s cold). I have all service records from mile 9, prior to me the car was only serviced through BMW (and was a low mileage car too, so oil changes every ~ 7000 miles).

You’re looking at a modified car, I’d budget for turbos at some point, and to replace injectors if they haven’t already.

I’m running 3 index 12s, 2 index 7s and 1 index 9. The non-12s have been in the car for at least 140K miles, with no issues. But I’m stock, use Techron every few months, and service it meticulously. Your mileage may vary, as the saying goes…

FYI I found the index 7s to be extremely reliable. The 1 index 7 I replaced turned out to be fine, I misdiagnosed a dying coil pack…

Can you work on the car yourself? At 65K you’ll be doing control arms soon, not to mention any other bushings / gaskets, so be aware of that as well.

I’ve also found it to be extremely reliable, and before the pandemic used to do 20K miles a year in it. Would not hesitate to take it cross country tomorrow (well maybe next week as my tires need to be rebalanced…)
Appreciate 0