Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
Having owned a Corvette ZO6 and continually reading about new cars and technologies producing more HP and quicker 1/4-mile times, how do you CSL owners feel when you see even BMW producing electric cars that may snatch you from the top perch? For me waiting for my '23 M4 Competition xDrive Coupe, I know I will have a great road handling car that has exceptional acceleration, but I paid $50K less than you did. I'm just asking for a friend and to start an interesting conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I would have agreed with you until I rode as a passenger in, and then drove the Porsche Taycan GTS a friend of mine bought. We went out to pick up take-out dinner one night, and I actually felt like I was in the Starship Enterprise. Streetlights were literally flashing by like the speed of light, and what I was most impressed with, was how Porsche also created a seat-of-the-pants vibration experience as well as cockpit sound that was very realistic. Having personally owned a performance Porsche, I'm sure it also handles like it's on rails. That car was $160,000. I almost creamed in my pants. The '23 BMW M4 xDrive Competition that is supposed to be delivered for me to the dealer at the end of next week, also made me feel "satisfied" enough to pay for more, but I am financially realistic with cars. That car, all-in is under $100,000.

I have also driven in a friends Tesla Plaid. OK, super-fast as you would expect, but totally lacking what Porsche created with the physical and audible experience. It was very rough riding, and the seating and leg room was totally uncomfortable. The owner was actually apologizing for the lack of comfort to me and my wife while we were driving to dinner.

I guess I'm clueless, but what are you paying up for with the CSL over the M4 competition xDrive coupe, when other cars with similar prices, just tromp the CSL from a performance to financial standpoint?
I think you pretty much answered your own question, here. "How do you feel about?" Answer: "and then drove the Porsche Taycan GTS a friend of mine bought. We went out to pick up take-out dinner one night, and I actually felt like I was in the Starship Enterprise."

The M4 CSL is their Starship Enterprise. That's how they feel in the car they selected, or they wouldn't be paying $140k for a car they can get for $100k.

I bought my G82 xDrive, because I've had really fast AWD cars, in the past. To me, I like that connected feeling of AWD. Its the perfect acceleration balance. all 4 wheels connected when you apply all of the power. The weight transfer feels completely different. The car just feels more solid to me.

The CSL is definitely nice, and it's going to be extremely rare, and it's going to attract a lot of attention, and be worth the money, in the long run. I have 7,400 miles on my G82, and I wouldn't last that long, in the CSL seats. It's just not going to be comfortable, for me. My car has every option, except carbon buckets, and I'm completely happy with it.

Appreciate 4
beden1513.50
IMG1125.50
colo3Kid154.50
Swappy542.50