View Single Post
      07-25-2022, 03:51 PM   #11
Jonny2400
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 530d X Drive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1cero View Post
Me and many others here used gumfledge on the sunroof seals and everything is working properly and no sunroof rattle so far.
This was door rattle, in fairness it started in its own, after reading on here. I tired the gumfledge which made things much worse.

Before gumfledge there was a mild slightly annoying rattle over bumps, after using it .. it rattled non stop on flat roads, I was seriously considering selling the car, it got that bad.

I have to use the silicone remover every 6 -9 months or so, but it’s gone each time, funny thing is.. it only effects one door.

But this is the stuff https://www.schmiedmann.co.uk/en/pro...3-12-2-298-199

I posted it on the F44 forum [wifes] and a few boys already used it and it’s cured their door and boot creaking.

There is also a you tube video (BMW mini) about a guy that was trying to solve door rattle for months and once he used it, boom silent again and the gumfledge made his worse too.

I use BMW gumfledge on my G30 boot rubbers, without issue thou.

Plus 1000s of posts on the F30 owners forum with this issue, and all warning NOT to use gumfledge in fact Dealerships was installing special clear stick on M3 tape on the door frames to help.
Appreciate 0