07-18-2022, 10:34 PM   #3
Brigitte
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 Mazda CX-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oligarch View Post
Hi All,

Getting ready to order an x45e with plans to collect at the factory in SC – partly to avoid dealer fluff and partly to give me a chance to have a nice experience with my dad, who is an avid auto enthusiast.

My wife and I live in Boston. We are both tall at 6’1”, and are expecting our first child in a few months’ time. For the moment, this is the only car we will have, and so need this as an all-purpose car.

Being able to handle Boston’s horrible streets – potholes and all – is key, doubly so in winter with the snow. The plan is to buy this new and hold onto it for a number of years, so trying to think ahead in the configurations.

Below is what I’m thinking

Manhattan green metallic – loved this color after seeing it in person
19” wheels – mainly to ensure max cushioning on potholed streets
Merino leather interior – torn between Tartufo, which we’ve seen, and Coffee, which we have not yet, but trying to arrange an in person comaprison
Poplar matte finish wood trim
Climate comfort package – given the cold winters, although curious on views on this
Executive Package – largely so that we can get real leather seats, which are important to me
Parking Assistance Package – mainly for the cameras and sensors, not for automated parking
Multi-contour seats – everyone seems to rave about them
HK sound – seems like a small price to pay all things considered

I’m thinking of NOT selecting the following:

Luxury Seating Package – feedback seems to be ventilated seats and massage function not that remarkable
Running boards – seem to be of limited use given our height
Wireless Charging and Wifi – feedback seems to be that phones overheat
Antracite headliner – Not sure of benefits, and I prefer more real leather than less in the car

Any strong views regarding what I’ve included/omitted?

Thanks for all your help and guidance!
You did a great job!

I'm also getting the MGM exterior...I was between the Sensafin Cognac and the Coffee. Cognac is similar to the Tartufo color. I compared both colors against the MGM (in pictures only). Coffee makes the MGM color pop and look brighter/lighter in contrast. So I will probably go for Coffee. I also wanted to get the M Sport package to get the glossy black grille which also makes the MGM color pop and look brighter/lighter. However, we cannot order the running boards with the M Sport package...unfortunately. So I have to make sure I can get in the car with ease without the running boards...otherwise...I won't get the M Sport package
Appreciate 1