BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwajtrader View Post
On my recent mountain trip with the Z4 M40i I averaged 34mpg on the way home. I was in comfort mode at my normal cruising speed, which is mainly in the passing lane. To me this is incredible given the performance available on demand. I also just came back from a 2,300 mile trip up the East coast in the Tesla (~$200 in charging cost), and since I typically use full self driving I did find myself more often one lane over and running slightly slower. Maybe it’s just part of the leisurely vibe, or could be the more utilitarian nature of the beast. It’s true that as speed increases efficiency does drop off. Many of the early Teslas also included unlimited supercharging (not mine), so they are basically driving for free when on the road for the life of the car. That was gone by the time I purchased ours. I did bag 2,000 free supercharging miles which basically paid for all our highway travel for the better part of the first year.
To be fair my route is pretty flat. I have the basic cruise control & set it at 85MPH. Its very lightly patrolled & WAZE does a good job. As long as you are not cutting in on people traffic runs fast with out any issues. Slower cars a pretty good at staying to the right. Will average about 4 hall monitors per trip.

Not sure how many Tesla chargers are available over the route as the fast area runs about 128 miles with nothing to see out the windows but trees & fields. I gas up 13 gallon tank at each end but could make a round trip on a tank & still move quickly.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0