06-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #6198
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I'm one of those people who just doesn't like Glock. From the terrible triggers to their mediocre accuracy. They feel terrible to hold for my hands as well. Had a 20, 19 and still have a 17. Least favorite handgun by far.

Of all the ones that I've owned the Wilson CQBE 1911 is miles ahead in 1st place followed by HK USP .45 and Beretta M9.

M9 doesn't get much love but it's easily the most comfortably shaped handgun for my hand. Very smooth and accurate too.
I grew up with DA/SA - so Striker fired Glock's have always felt different/odd to me.
(Possibly exacerbated by the compact/micro size Glocks that friends had as EDC's which didn't feel comfortable in my hand)

Personally, I am most at home with the Beretta 92 platform - did a bunch of upgrades (steel trigger, D-spring, recoil rod, springs, etc) on a 92FS that made it even better by reducing the trigger travel and pull weight, etc.

And I find HK's 45 offering to be the smoothest firing 45 to be...haven't tried the USP, but the HK45 is butter smooth out of the box. (Still looking for a 1911 Colt or Springfield, etc. as part of my "everyone should have a 1911")

The ammo discussion above reminds me - apparently, there's a batch of .223 ammo out of Norma that is having all sorts of issues as per some gun forums / reddit etc. So if you bought new .223 Norma ammo recently, might want to check the batch numbers etc
Appreciate 2
NYG11051.50
Sedan_Clan25301.50