View Single Post
      05-17-2022, 02:49 PM   #541
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I think the big selling point for this Z is the starting price. It undercuts even the 2.0L supra which is pretty impressive.
Exactly. The value is in the Sport trim for just under $40k.

Nissan built a cheap base version for owners who intend to mod for drifting or track work and versions for those who drive stock vehicles.

At least Nissan didn't put a sh!t 4-banger in the base model like Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
The base car likely isn't going to be great on a track with the smaller brakes, tires, and open rear differential as it's a total stripper that doesn't even get the rev matching of the higher trim. Even the top spec is missing standard Supra equipment like HUD, wireless phone charging, dual zone climate control, etc. It seems to me that there's not really a lot of value at either price point unless you want to get a stripper and put $$$$ into converting it to a track car.
That is exactly where the value is. Even at $40k the base model still has the 400hp twin turbo. The $10k up charge for Perf trim spent on the base, can produce a superior track car. Nismo Akabono brakes $1,800, fully built LSD $1400, Rays Gram Lights $1800, tires $1000, Coiliovers $2500... not even $10k. You are well on your way to a great track weapon.

If you are looking for a car with all the creature comforts you listed, I wouldn't even be looking at this vehicle. I'd wait for the rwd M240i.

Last edited by M3WC; 05-17-2022 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
wtwo318096.50