View Single Post
      04-01-2022, 06:16 AM   #27
protamine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed_M2 View Post
The OG should sound louder stock to stock and I would assume ride more aggressively/sporty.

The stick to auto comparison is tough to call but I would again assume you would naturally have more fun in the manual versus the auto.

I would aim for the new G87 M2 if budget is no concern. They're taking orders in December.

You could find a nice OG for a fair price but the comp is just way too much to pay for, even if you have the funds. I mean, you're paying above sticker for a car with 10-20k miles on it. That's a no for me.

Personally, having had the M2 for 5 years, a 135i and E90 M3 previously, I would go for a manual E90 M3.

No biases involved, and the maintenance on them can potentially be a nightmare, but it's the car I would pick over all except a G87 or G80. As slow, unreliable, torque less and odd as it might be, with three pedals and a decent exhaust set up it's a lovely car.

Yeah I'm not on the list, and there's really no alternatives (I want manual coupe that can fit my 2 and 5 year old in a pinch). I'm ok with paying sticker for a 15k mile car. Such is life.

As a former tuned E92 owner, I wont be going to a E90 M3. If I am going old school, I'll get a EAG level E46 and be done with it.

Now I just have to decide on color

White - my camaro and Mercedes are white - do not want another white
HS - My 911 was GT silver, both are great and HS is quite interesting and seems to be the most prevalent in the used market.
Black - love it. Only 4 for sale nationwide
Orange - love pictures of it but the example I drove (which was dirty) did not wow me. Plus my wife isn't crazy about it
Blue - love blue but my Rivian will be Rivian blue and I don't want two blue vehicles.

HS or Black for me.

Former:
17 911 GTS - 69 Camaro SS 396 - 08 E92 335xi - JB4, 12.2@115
Appreciate 0