Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by k23435 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwiginton View Post
I had this same issue on my X5 and it was an issue with the shark fin antenna. I was told by my dealer that the gasket around the antenna has a tendency to fail allowing water to leak in and cause the electronics to crap out. I had it all replaced under warranty. Worst thing about it was the amount of time that it had to be in the shop because it apparently takes a while for the sealant to cure when the install the new gasket and antenna.
+1

Same issue with my X7, yet with different explanation:

I was told it is a known manufacturing error on certain X7s (mine was manufactured 08/2019). Apparently the glue that holds the shark fin to the roof had not been applied properly, and thus creating a gap for water to penetrate.

I was not terribly happy that it was not fixed proactively, especially as my car was for scheduled maintenance just before the problems started to occur. Altogether, it took 3 visits and about 1 month to fix it.

It was covered under warranty.
Had this on my F90 M5 a couple months ago and it was the battery. Took about 45 minutes to fix (under warranty). It's going to be either that or the water getting inside as others have mentioned above….I believe that's $1k-2k fix without warranty.
Thanks
That actually gives me hope.
Thought my better judgment is telling me otherwise since I have no internet connection at all except for Sirius Radio