kwakr738
e21 respect
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Driving with DTC no DSC

So I was reading a post on DTC vs DSC. Basically DTC polices power a little less than DSC, and allows slightly more slip. I decided drive to work with DTC off today. It almost feels like a different car! I was not driving aggressively at all, but it actually enhances the sensation of power. During short bursts of acceleration around NYC, I could actually feel the FWD kick in as the RWD began to slip.

I also notice around bends the car seems a bit more composed. I believe with DSC on, the ECU applies brakes to single wheels, and decreases engine output when accelerating through turns. This leads to minor changes in weight distribution and unexpected loss of power. I always wondered why the car felt strange through some on/off ramp sweepers. With DSC off, my brain was receiving what was expected of the car. I actually felt a bit more confident accelerating through turns.

I am going to continue driving with DSC off for the meantime. Again this may be all in my head, but driving with DTC just feels better overall. I was wondering if anybody else has had experience with this in their XI.
Appreciate 0