01-10-2022, 05:37 PM   #325
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Frankly I don't understand criticism of the interior. IMHO It is more or less equal to BMW and beats the Mercedes by a mile. Unlike the latter in Cadillac there are no cheap-feeling capacitive buttons, acres of impossible-to-keep-clean piano trim, or basic knobs hidden infuriatingly deep within the infotainment system. It is all at driver's fingertips, and the buttons are real, so they click in a reassuringly mechanical way. I only wish they kept the rotary knob to navigate the infotainment system (only the automatic Blackwing has this). The overall dashboard design is not flashy or gimmicky, but classic, which I personally have no problem with. Also you have lots of stitched leather covering the doors and the dashboard, and the icing on the cake is the night mode (borrowed from SAABs of yore), where you can turn off all the distracting cockpit lights for night cruising.
IMO BMW made HUGE leaps in interior fit/finish with the G series of cars (I drive a G20 and G05). So to that end I think they catapulted to the top of the class for interior.

As for the Cadillac, there's a few issues. #1 is the fisher price looking center screen with those gigantic bezels. I've also found certain materials to be less than impressive. While I haven't sat in the CT4/5 BW, I have sat in a loaded Escalade and while the design of that interior was great, there were quite a few areas of cheapness not befitting a 6 figure car. Then there's the issue of the GM parts bin. You just know you'll be sharing some parts with a Chevy Spark.

I don't think Cadillac interiors are BAD... but 1) I've been spoiled with my G05 and G20 interiors where it'll be tough for me to go back and 2) I still think for the price tag Cadillac's interiors should be better.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7851.50