Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLRMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
It's difficult to be interested in something I've never seen. There's really no telling what the LCI will look like as I don't buy what the renders are selling.

There's also no way under the sun that the Alpina's will come out the same time as the regular LCI X7s. If you remember it took at least a year longer (if I'm not mistaken) for the XB7 to be released, then several more months to be delivered.

There's still a nice Dravit gray one at Knauz, and a Ruby red one should be arriving next month. Overall I think there's less than 10 new ones in the US. As luck would have it I was able to put a deposit down on one scheduled to arrive in the next few days at another dealer.
I understand,

Hope the one you put deposit on you are able to get a good price on. Basically everyone is asking for way over MSRP. The safest way of getting MSRP price or lower is by placing a customer order.
I was able to negotiate a few thousand off MSRP. Nothing like a couple years ago when I got almost $20K off a 750i. The huge markups I mentioned are supposedly for out of state buyers.

Craziest part is that this search started out as 40i for the wife, but due to the retarded options stuff going on as music lovers we weren't willing to deal with that terrible base stereo rule for the 40i's.

Current 750 has the Bowers and Wilkins so it would've been an unbearable downgrade as we dealt with it in an X7 loaner.

Then we started looking at M50's to at least get the H&K stereo, but by the time you add the desirable options you're pushing $115K (if you can even find something that isn't presold!)

The trip to Knauz sealed the deal as the wife fell in love with the looks of the Emrald Green XB7 they had in the showroom.