Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
If you don't understand a car, you won't be able to effectively engineer and optimal solution. That's logical, and how engineering is done in the real world.... Literally tell me how else engineers devleop products or improve designs, not by just smashing new designs on it without knowing if the old parts needed to be replaced or not. This is especially true with capped wind tunnel runs and budget, you literally need to make the most of every single upgrade. Same goes with car setup for track days with reduced practice times.

Also don't forget how good Mercedes have been at implementing solutions: hot tires - vented wheel spacers and rims with ribs for additional cooling surface area, need to warm up tires das, split compressor turbo, suspension architecture to optimize aero, narrow nose concept etc etc etc. What has red bull done in the turbo hybrid area except copy Mercedes in almost all of the areas I listed? So don't be surprised when a team that doesn't bring many innovations gets caught out by a team that is used to pushing the limits all the time.

Also, youou believe in conspiracies with zero evidence or fact behind it so tell me who's gullible... Your hate for Mercedes is blinding, and a massive source of bias.
You sir, win The Internet today. Congratulations!!

This is one of the most insightful and descriptive post regarding Mercedes and the stark differences between their execution in F1 vs. RBR. Further, your delineation of the actual processes in developmental engineering is brilliant.

Thanks for adding value, which is typically sorely missing, to this forum.

Cheers-MK
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
F87source7367.00
minn1914078.00
Bongoxxx805.50