View Single Post
      10-15-2021, 03:12 PM   #344
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
If you don't understand a car, you won't be able to effectively engineer and optimal solution. That's logical, and how engineering is done in the real world.... Literally tell me how else engineers devleop products or improve designs, not by just smashing new designs on it without knowing if the old parts needed to be replaced or not. This is especially true with capped wind tunnel runs and budget, you literally need to make the most of every single upgrade. Same goes with car setup for track days with reduced practice times.

Also don't forget how good Mercedes have been at implementing solutions: hot tires - vented wheel spacers and rims with ribs for additional cooling surface area, need to warm up tires das, split compressor turbo, suspension architecture to optimize aero, narrow nose concept etc etc etc. What has red bull done in the turbo hybrid area except copy Mercedes in almost all of the areas I listed? So don't be surprised when a team that doesn't bring many innovations gets caught out by a team that is used to pushing the limits all the time.
Y

Also, youou believe in conspiracies with zero evidence or fact behind it so tell me who's gullible... Your hate for Mercedes is blinding, and a massive source of bias.
You have said you don't support any team or driver and interested in only the engineering but know little of internal F1 happenings. Even Alonso has commented publicly that some drivers are shadowed by the stewards more than others. Let me put it this way to you, do you think a footie team supporter or ice hockey fan is going to congratulate the other team if they beat his?
Appreciate 0