09-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #10
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3,2020 Land Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
I came here for amusement. I see zero evidence of your leg actually being broken.

Anyway, regarding your post... While buying down the MF may help, it really doesn't help THAT much. Maxing our the MSDs would only save about $50/month, so a cap cost reduction is going to be the only way to get down to $900/month when you're looking at a 53% residual on a $90,000 car. Obviously, getting that cap cost reduction in terms of a discount instead of a down payment is what you're after.

They highlighted some numbers in different locations here to make it look like you're getting close to a 5% discount plus the $3250 rebate, but you're really only getting a 1.24% discount plus your rebate. It's not really a bad deal being base MF and below MSRP, but you might be able to squeeze a little more of a discount.

Here's a link to their what their deal seems to be on the leasehackr calculator if it helps:
https://leasehackr.com/calculator?ma...w_demo_25=true

You could play around with the numbers from there, like if you maxed out the MSDs and put $0 down, you'd be at $1,134/month. If you do that while getting them to give you 4% off MSRP plus your rebate, you'd be down to $1,064, etc.
Agree, the title makes no sense at all. I was expecting the same I don’t why anyone would put money down on a lease. If you’re putting down $12k, just finance it.
Appreciate 0