View Single Post
      08-22-2021, 01:37 PM   #6
KillaKhoa
Rep
Drives: 2020 228ix GC

Price of this project $350 Ceramic Tint VS No Protection & Free Sun Beams

With the extreme heat coming and going... and with a black car w/ leather interior, I figured tinted windows is definitely required, so I went with 20%, Shout out to BlownLSX for sharing that info. Really liked how the tint looked on on his GC. Went with Ceramic for the extra protection @ my local tint shop. so Technically 7 windows. Lifetime warranty.

After typing this... i realized i probably need to get the big ass sun roof tinted also... maybe a tinted banner for the front windshield too, who knows.

so onto the new new install

Price of this project was only $116 shipped for the Ebay M Style Mirror Caps in Carbon Fiber VS $600+ OE Reg Style Carbon Fiber or $250+ for Aftermarket M Style

So far the quality is nice, its thick, so im assuming they use a basic mirror cap made of ABS plastic, probably lay down a thin layer of the CF weave and a thick layer of resin. But overall it feels durable, the CF weave looks good. I say its x3 the weight of the original. i give it a 8/10.

Install is less than 5mins. Its basic, tools not needed. If you have hands, with a firm tug they'll come off. I do suggest if you plan on replacing the blinkers to custom sequential ones, do it all at the same time. i'm still iffy on those. i would want the front headlight turn signals to be sequential too?

Love how these CF mirror caps look, definitely want the CF shark fin next. However that 3D CF lip is ridiculously expensive. C'monnnnn CHINA/Ali baba! rofl.

***ANYONE HAVE TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS ON THE GRILL REMOVAL? BUMPER REMOVAL A MUST? TRIM TOOLS REQUIED?***

This is my next task, Obviously bumper removal is best but takes time, was curious if there's an cheat code.

Attached Images

Last edited by KillaKhoa; 08-22-2021 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0