Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourCarss View Post
Quote:
I have a question do I pull the plug when the car is off bc if it's off my valve is closed and when I put the car in sport it's still closed
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
I have a question do I pull the plug when the car is off bc if it's off my valve is closed and when I put the car in sport it's still closed
Change ASD to sporty
I don't have that I have a 2020 228i GC with idrive 6 and that isn't and option and my exhaust valve never opens, idk how to make it open.
The ASD doesn't do anything to the valve, that being said. If you want it to be open the car has to be cold. Do a cold start and run back behind the car and jump under while the cat warm up process is still running. It should be wide open. Unplug it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
I don't have that I have a 2020 228i GC with idrive 6 and that isn't and option and my exhaust valve never opens, idk how to make it open.
The ASD doesn't do anything to the valve, that being said. If you want it to be open the car has to be cold. Do a cold start and run back behind the car and jump under while the cat warm up process is still running. It should be wide open. Unplug it.
Even on a cold start man it's never open never no matter how fast I get there. And after I come home and put it in park (engine on) it's not open, and when I put it in park, and switch from sport to comfort no noise of it opening. And I don't wanna buy Bimmer Link to open it. Is there any way to "force" it open. I called my dealer and they said everything is fine w your car it'll open when it wants to and that's the problem it never wants to.
So the dealer can activate the valve and put it in to what's called "installation position" this will move it to 90% open. Then it can be unplugged. Not sure if they will do that as it's completely up to the tech.
Like at my dealer I worked for, some techs wouldn't touch a car with mods or anything. Me, I went to work to make money and I didn't give a flying fuck what was done to the car.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Even on a cold start man it's never open never no matter how fast I get there. And after I come home and put it in park (engine on) it's not open, and when I put it in park, and switch from sport to comfort no noise of it opening. And I don't wanna buy Bimmer Link to open it. Is there any way to "force" it open. I called my dealer and they said everything is fine w your car it'll open when it wants to and that's the problem it never wants to.
So the dealer can activate the valve and put it in to what's called "installation position" this will move it to 90% open. Then it can be unplugged. Not sure if they will do that as it's completely up to the tech.
Like at my dealer I worked for, some techs wouldn't touch a car with mods or anything. Me, I went to work to make money and I didn't give a flying fuck what was done to the car.
My car is base and I have done nothing but that damnnnn valve never wants to open. So I might talk to them when my service is due, but is there any way to force it open like push it or turn that clip thing.
It will break, many have tried this and all have failed.
Appreciate 0