View Single Post
      08-15-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
Holeshot895
Rep
Drives: 335i in process of a build

Building a Race Car help, CAS/FRM

Hello, I have been reading through many posts over the week and I am on a deadline to get the car to the fabricator, but I can't get the car to start.

I had a slew off issues I have worked through while building the car for GT.
My current issue that is preventing me from from finishing up is a no start, no crank, when the start/stop button is pressed the cluster goes blank and is taken out of accessory position.

I have been working through the issues, fixing shitty wiring and chasing all the wiring to confirm continuity and no other issues. I am very confident that the CAS or FRM is preventing the car to start. Before I was having a crank no start issue but now that I have managed to fix all the issues that were present from previous owner, I am confident I need to reprogram or repair the information in the modules to that they will communicate.

I have removed the Most system so that will remain red. The DSC issue is just a steering wheel calibration that can be fixed by turning the wheel lock to lock.
I have connected everything back into the system that was removed for prep for cage, just incase that was causing the issue although I am confident it is not.

I need to get this car running so I can get it on the trailer and bring it to the track for the cage work.

I will upload some pictures of what I am working with, what I need is some guidance to repair or reprogram the modules in question.

I had no issues starting before the work began, and i have had the DME programed back to stock after the JB4 was removed. I think the JB4 did something. Not really sure, the good thing is I still have communication with everything. With ignition on my wipers just continually sweep at med to high speed so there is no regulation on that circuit just constant 12v.

Car is 2007 build 07/07 335i E90 Auto rwd.

Thank
Mark

Thanks for any direction or help you can provide this Canadian racer.

Appreciate 0