Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Sakhir Orange CCB

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_F10M5 View Post
Wow this is a very information post. I purchased the 10.25 inch iNav earlier this year after seeing your car and its been sitting in the box in my office lol, never installed it yet. Now I need to consider selling this and going with this new solution.

In your opinion, was the only drawback on the iNav unit that fact you had to toggle between the BMW interface and the carplay interface? Any other glitches or things to be aware of?
Looking for others to chime in as well who bought INAV, my experience:

INAV: wonderful product & price point. Pretty straight forward installation but did take some fiddling with the settings to get the screen correct and other small items but no complaints. Touchscreeen was very nice and overall fit looked factory. I did struggle a little with the connection to the phone and this could be my lack of sophistication - my phone stayed connected to the android device for carplay via WIFI but also would never get to Cellular signal unless I would have to turn wifi signal off or be prompted by the phone. Again - could be my issue but wasn't ideal always when traveling as in NBT Evo it's automatically leveraging cellular signal. I even explored getting a separate SIM card to have it in the INAV device to avoid the constant connection setup.

NBT EVO - We use my wifes' F15 '18 X5 a great deal for trips and getting around as a family of 4 and it has the EVO so it was easy to constantly compare the operating systems. EVO was much faster than NBT and I enjoyed the navigation between carplay and normal navigation as well as touchscreen. Installation took a little bit navigating the quadlock adapter and ended up with extra connections that weren't needed. Seller was quick to respond to all my Q's and had a few coding sessions to triage the PDC and backup camera issue. Overall - very happy and now feel like my tech setup is complete and more up to date for a seven year old car.
@Beast27 now that you have had it installed for close to a month, any feedback to share? Beyond the RTT and connected drive, do you still have access to your legacy M5 menus and functions. Also any new watch outs during install?