United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f87drifterential View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
can someone answer a stupid question for me?

what's the point of the sound kit? it came with my link pipe and requires a bunch of wiring... I haven't started the install yet, and I'm not sure if I care enough to dick with it.
That's exactly how I felt! My understanding of its capability is that you can use the Bluetooth app or a wireless key fob to open and close the valves above and beyond the automatic settings for the system from the factory.

I believe that the M3 and M4 in sport/+ mode always have the valves open, where the competition and CS only have it open in sport/+ mode and when you are on the throttle.

The sound kit allows you to have the valves open even at idle for a deeper, throatier sound all the time.

The amount of work that it looks like it takes doesn't seem worth it to me when, for $200, I can buy a kit (CG VSC-2) that installs in 20 minutes and I can open and close the valves with my spare home link buttons on the mirror.

I could be wrong, there might be more to the kit than just opening and closing the valves manually, but if that's all it is it seems like a lot of install for just that one benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
can someone answer a stupid question for me?

what's the point of the sound kit? it came with my link pipe and requires a bunch of wiring... I haven't started the install yet, and I'm not sure if I care enough to dick with it.
The sound kit just gives you the option to either keep the valves open at all times or operate on factory settings.

sounds like fuck that. unless I get really bored.
Appreciate 0