View Single Post
      07-02-2021, 07:12 AM   #9654
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Wow...much to process and based off what I have seen, one of my favorite lines from Napoleon Dynamite was from Rex at Rex Kwon Do; "Break the wrist and walk away."

Sara, this might be hard to read and I genuinely mean no harm in saying this, but from what I can tell, he is basically doing the same thing that you are. The only difference is that you caught feelings. The entire scenario is a little off-putting that friends are interested in dating the same woman and everyone is cool with it. I won't lie, I have found myself in this situation before. Three women, they all knew one another and 2 of them were close. I had already slept with one, had a date with another and had planned on a date with the third. After realizing what the score was, I removed myself from the situation as not to cause issues for their friendship(s). Funny how life works, all three hate each other now. (Had nothing to do with me)

You have two options with this state of affairs.

Option 1. Walk away - this will be your best option in my opinion. I see this entire thing as toxic. Trust isn't there. The foundation for any relationship is trust and if it isn't here now, it sure as shit won't be later. Trust is earned. It seems like no one in this, is looking for the other to trust them more than the threshold of what is required for sex. This is the extent of how far any of this is ever going to go. Sorry.

Option number B. Take a few days, don't talk to any of these guys, don't get involved in other plans and do some soul searching. What is your desired end result? If it's finding a partner in life, work toward that. If you don't have a want for a partner and just want to date, you need to learn to curb your emotions; as this will only lead to heartbreak after heartbreak. As I type this, I find it comical that we as humans are able to fall in love with random people, yet say that we have soulmates. Just funny to me. Back on track, you need to find out for yourself, what you want, then plan accordingly and work toward achieving just that.

In business and project management, I tend to reverse engineer what I expect in the means of my comfort level in what I call success of an end product. If I go at something aimlessly, I can expect no end, as I do not have a defined "finish line."

I hate to say it, but I see a toxic cycle here that will continue for as long as you allow it to. The men will continue to play the game in order to get some booty, you can continue to play the game as well, if you wish; just know that other than the instant gratification of sex, there is not further positive outcome on your end.

I hope this helps.
Appreciate 3