07-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #12
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben356 View Post
Is there really any added benefits to adding NBT EVO IB6? Other than looking more modern? I want a bigger screen, how did you like the pop up screen size prior to this?

I am probably in the minority here that just wants Carplay and Touchscreen out of an upgrade like this. I honestly don't see the need for live traffic when you have Carplay with Waze, I don't think BMWs live traffic is going to be better than Waze, just an opinion.
These are all good questions and part of my research.

If you just want Carplay - you probably could go with a bimmertech MMI interface that can be installed for approx $600 USD (part only). It leverages your same screen and navigation system.

If you want a bigger pop up screen - I see manufacturers making 12.3 inch large screens however those look pretty big to me.

INAV is a good choice too, which is what I did have, it was a 10.25 touchscreen, with carplay included. I did find some of the switching between carplay and regular usage a little different but still a very good option that I know others on the forum found worked well.
Appreciate 0