View Single Post
      06-09-2021, 09:01 AM   #378
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Couple of things. Just because an analysis is taking place after an event, doesn't meet there cant be insight found in it. I would almost guarantee many people were concerned about tires after Stroll had his blow out. If you weren't thinking about tires before the blow out, and you were after it, then you were aware of a potential issue. I know I was sitting on my couch thinking "Who is next?" I think that's what you referred to as "not proof, but stupid" but OK.

If you look at the lap by lap times for some of the drivers in the top 10, Max is pushing far more than PER, HAM, NOR, LEC, GAS, and VET. Lap over lap he was increasing his gap to Perez and Ham behind him after the restart. Lap 35, Per -0.466 Ham -0.612. Lap 40, Per -4.053 Ham -4.824. Lap 45, Per -4.463 Ham -5.569.

Are any of us all knowing and knew that Max would have a blow out and lose the race? No, but its not inconceivable to believe that some people would have had some idea that tires should have been a concern. At that same time Max was building a huge gap with only 5 laps to go against his teammate (PER) and a car they had been able to dominate all weekend (HAM).
^This, people here are fooling themselves if they don't think team principles weren't thinking about it (except maybe Binotto ). Now whether they could realistically do anything about it is another matter. The cut found on HAM's tire means nothing IMO in relation to STR and VERs. Pirelli was awful quick to jump on that.................I don't think we will ever really know as there is too much at stake for Pirelli and others.

Also, I and I don't think others (even MKSixer) are blaming RB/VER for still running the race the way they ultimately did. All we are saying is maybe it would of been prudent to back off considering the unknowns and the potentially spotty history of Pirelli tires etc. But, this section has turned into a dumpster fire like the political section was and things can hardly be discussed anymore because of a few fanboy's.

As for hindsight etc, that is what racing is based off and learning from that. IIRC, VER himself had a questionable high speed tire failure last year that was either a puncture or outright failure. Of course the telemetry isn't going to show this, hence the unexpected part. Maybe backing off wouldn't of mattered either and it still would of blown. It is all of of just being armchair racers/team principles after the fact. That's all this entire sub section is about as none of us hardly have any real information and are making educated guesses based on what we know.
Appreciate 6
MKSixer34192.50
Ngilbe361618.50
yco5766.50
EdM54075.00
Bongoxxx805.50
racerbruce3857.50