05-12-2021, 12:21 PM   #26
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Yup, the Sebonics, Auroras, etc. of the mortgage world are great to work with on refis. They literally do these types of transactions day in/day out and the process is super efficient up to and including the handoff to the eventual servicing company.

Given that, I've had really good luck with sifting through options that www.BankRate.com has returned in the past. What they quote is exactly what you get; that's definitely made me a repeat customer in the past for sure.
Yeah I originally found them on BankRate. I went with them because I used them for our vacation property 2 years ago, they were ok on that, and had a very good rate with no points or lender fees (only title and state fees, which can’t be avoided). We wanted to get the primary residence done since we took over a point off what we were paying and also rolled a HELOC into it now. So glad that one went well. The vacation condo was borderline worth doing, but no fees and they could leverage the app I did for our primary so supposedly easy to save a little on rate. But when it started costing me billable hours to address their requests and they started calling when I was working, it stopped being worth it since it seemed like it would never conclude.