View Single Post
      04-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #19
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff01234567 View Post
I purchased my car in Galleria BMW in MS as well, and thought I'd leave my experience here so that others know what to expect when they take delivery of my car. I was out of town from April 24-26. The CA at Galleria said the truck driver would arrive sometime on April 27 or 28. I figured that wouldn't be a problem since I would be back already to take delivery of the car.

On the 24th (Saturday), my CA said the truck driver would actually arrive on April 25 (Sunday), one of the days that I was out of town and was two to three days earlier than quoted. I was not able to pick up the car on that day since I was out of town and also because my wire transfer had not cleared to the dealership's account yet so the earliest the car could be dropped off was the 26th (Monday). The truck driver demanded an extra $200 from me to stay an extra day, but the situation was not my fault because he actually arrived much earlier than agreed upon. So I had to fork over an extra $200 to the driver, and arrange for my girlfriend to pick up the car for me.

Point of the story is the driver is not great to work with and is horrible at providing delivery date estimates, so plan accordingly.
Well, for better or worse, that driver isn't an option for me. Apparently they are on vacation, hence my scrambling to find something.

I ended up having to go with Montway. None of the others were available when needed or didn't cover the route. I'm a little bit apprehensive about the whole thing. When I initially spoke with a rep, they said they could get an enclosed trailer to PCD on the date I was there. I asked about it being hard enclosed, as opposed to curtains, and whether it had a lift gate type entry. I was told yes to both and assured that a trailer like this was used for luxury/sports/classic cars. All of this seemed rather certain, so I asked if they had a truck in mind, to which they said yes. So after checking other options and coming up empty, I went with them. I then get a followup call saying that they may have a local pickup the day of to bring it to the long haul carrier and that it may need to sit in some lot until that long haul carrier arrives. This was not explained at first. The last thing I want is my car being load/unloaded multiple times by multiple drivers.
Appreciate 0