KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw View Post
If you want a reliable carrier it'll cost you. Do not use a broker! Ship with a carrier that has their own trucks and drivers. Companies like Intercity Lines, Reliable Carriers, Horseless Carriage. Trust me ...
THIS!!!

I've shipped twice with brokers, and both were fiascos in their own way. First time I submitted an initial quote request to some carrier, but turned out they were somehow linked into some entire network of brokerages and they all started bombarding me with quotes and harassment for my business. It was a nightmare. Second time the truckers were a pair of Russian guys out of Phoenix who were given a very specific 36-hour period that they could NOT deliver the car during, because I would be out of town. So while en route they inform me that this is exactly when they are going to deliver, and it's my problem to figure out how someone is going to be here to accept the car. Funkdat. Wound up having to meet them 3 hours from home and disrupted my entire weekend away. Managed to get 10% of the cost refunded because they only brought the car 90% of the way they were contracted to. That went over like a fart in an elevator and one of the guys called and screamed at me till I hung up on him.

Never again. Next time I'll go with Reliable or somebody actually reputable.