Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Before I was commuting 50-60 miles per day in crawling 5-10mph back-to-back on brakes traffic and barreling 65-80mph up/down the express lanes. These pandemic days, I'm not driving as much or hard on my brakes as my commute is rolling out of bed and walking into my home office.

As I mentioned earlier, there's no timed or required replacement schedule for brakes and replaced as needed. If you're not hard on your brakes, I wouldn't see the need for Plus maintenance but you can play it safe and stick with it - feel relieved and know you're covered to go hard on them, LOL.
Yeah thats true. It's not too expensive as well. Two last questions

1. Does the car tell when a brake change is needed?
2. Does the tow package brakes last longer if never used for towing? Or is it just more powerful?
1. Yes - it's actually a simple "wire" that has a connection inside the wheelwell, as well as the brake pad itself. The sensor is a Male U-shaped "plug" that snaps into a female U-shaped portion on the base of the brake pad. It is designed to be "destroyed" when your pads get too thin, and warn you beforehand. Unless you wear down your brake pads to the bare minimum, you do not need to replace them unless they are damaged.

2. The brake calipers and pads on the standard and towing packages are the same - you get larger discs with towing option.

Appreciate 1
jonatious253.50