Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
It would be kind of an entry into bolt action rifles. I have a bolt action mossberg 20ga but otherwise no experience with them or any optics really.
Eventually id like to go on a hunting trip after elk or moose but that probably wont happen for awhile yet.
My budget i could buy this gun without even thinking about it or like i said i could buy a kimber montana although i dont want to overspend and find it is not my forte. Unless the higher end guns are that much better.

As far as handguns go(to give you an idea of how i feel about different classes of weapons) i carry a taurus G2C and own 2 taurus revolvers. However i also own a kimber 1911 and a ruger SP101 along with a glock. So i wouldnt really consider myself a brand snob. If someone makes a good gun regardless of price point i’m typically interested.
For now it would be primarily a range toy with field use possible later down the road.
Take a look at Savage. They have a good selection of rifles and they are good shooters right out of the box. Their prices are in line with your budget.

I had a Savage 10FP that shot great. I'm sure you can find something that works for you.
Appreciate 0