Thread: Rough idle
View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Rough idle

Hey guys. Had this problem for a while and I want to get around to fixing it.

I have this rough idle problem. It only occurs on cold starts and only when I put the car in gear. (Staying in park, nothing seems to be wrong). The idle will be bouncing between 500 and 1000 rpm and if I try lightly pulling out of he parking spot, the car is lunging around. After 30 sec or so, it goes away and everything is fine. Warm starts and while cruising, no issues.

No steady or flashing check engine light. I scanned the whole car using Protool and no codes. Spark plugs and coils are new. A little while ago MHD was picking up some shadow codes related to fuel pressure-2BDE, 29F2, and 3164- but nothing ever became active. No shadow codes currently. I had the shop do a smoke test and take a look at the fuel tank ventilation valve and found no issues. Before starting the car, you can hear the fuel pump charging. Vacuum test was done on the boost solenoid and no problems there either

Any ideas what my problem could be? I know I need to do a little logging and see what the fuel pressures are at idle and when putting it into gear. Does anyone know what those values should be?

Last edited by ryansbmw; 08-24-2020 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0