First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Again the ASD does NOT effect exhaust valve actuation. Here is the functional description right from BMW AIR client from my VIN.
Did you read and understand what I am precisely saying? Clearly not if your sentence is "The ASD does not affect exhaust valve actuation" - WHERE did I write that it does???

The Engine Sound menu does TWO things - It increases and reduces the ASD fake sound inside the car depending what setting you choose. It ALSO adjusts the real exhaust sound by controlling the exhaust valve.

There are THREE settings:
1. Depending on driving mode (If Sport driving mode is selected, the exhaust valve is open all the time, also, the ASD will be at its loudest - Because its at its loudest, you won't hear the nice exhaust sound with the valve open, that's why so many people have disabled ASD) (In Comfort mode, the ASD sound is reduced, but quite noticeable. The exhaust valve is closed)
2. Balanced (If sport mode is selected, ASD is similar in sound to comfort mode, but will open above certain revs, not exactly sure how many, probably around 3 or 4000 rpm. If Comfort mode is selected, the ASD is noticeable, not too loud, and the exhaust valve is closed always)
3. Reduced - The ASD is at its quietest, you can still hear it a little, probably around 20% I would say. The exhaust valve is closed all the time

Have you actually tried it practically? Just for clarification, I refer specifically to the F44 and F40 models ONLY. So to repeat - The Engine sound menu DOES also change the exhaust sound by adjusting the valve, as I have just illustrated above. The valve is visible inside the left side pipe, looking into the exhaust, about 5 inches in.

Also, there is now a new coding for the Engine sound menu which adds an additional setting - SPORTY. This setting is highly desirable for many because it keeps the exhaust valve open all the time, whether you're in Sport, Comfort or Eco modes 😉👍
I own a f44 m235. Again ASD and the exhaust valve are 2 completely separate systems and are not correlated at all. Sorry bud just take the L and move along. Driving mode changes, cold start and hard acceleration are the only times the exhaust valve is moved. I've added another attachment for you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0