View Single Post
      07-08-2020, 08:15 AM   #63
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
For real; forget a helmet, I hope he brought a change of underwear, after that aggressive counter-steer
If you listen carefully I narate myself It was the 1st time I lost it on that corner (usually happened on the one b4). I had a spook and since it ruined my lap time time I took the last 2 corners with ease. Assen is a crazy fast track, at the end of that section you are doing 200+kmh. There are 3 sections where you hit 200kmh+ which is a lot considering the short length of the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
I had fun in my brief time in an M2 from a road car point of view.

but my point still stands that it's simply inferior to the M3 because it's skiddish temperamental driving style is simply slower because it lacks weight saving measures to bring the weight down.

It's simply too fat for its size. I too am familiar with tracks and torque and throttle but were not professionals and mistakes happen, even at the highest levels in racing. The difference is you might not be driving home if you make a mistake with the throttle in the M2.

Also, I know caterham blah blah, but those have different problems. They're 60s designs. And while they have the low weight to go fast they also require a 60s driving style, and that's not for everyone.
A like for like M2C and M3/M4 weigh about the same (in any case within a negible amount of each other). An OG is a good 50kg lighter. The other main delta is how much rubber you can fit, the M2 is limited compared to the M3/M4.

It is true that the longer wheelbase makes for a more settled ride that means faster lap times on tracks with lots of fast sweeping corners. Fatal mistakes can be made in any car though

It sounds like you didnt like the M2s lively nature, which is fine and you are 100% right is slower, but I find it a very fun car. Its also not like the M2 is a heatseaking wall missile...

EDIT: @5.M0NSTER I will be at Spa on the 21st, not one of your planned track days or?