07-08-2020, 03:51 AM   #52
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Jesus what a load of bull crap. Yeah the M2 likes to get sideways, just like any car with a lot of TQ and a short wheelbase. Thats what makes it fun!!!
With my standard M2C I can keep up with some dedicated track cars and stock M3/4s all day. Its all in how you apply the throttle. Is it more challenging that a torqueless wonder engined car? Yes! but that is fun and challenging.
Anyone buying an M car for lap times is a fool. A westfield, radical, or other trackday ultralight will run rings around everything but the most modded of factory cars.
Here is me last Monday. Car is in DSC full off, and I can easily catch slides. I am by no means an expert driver (this is a full 3.7 sec off the pace a pro set on the same track in a stock M2C).
Nice work! I see you were practicing your drifts towards the end of the lap!

I do prefer the way a V8 delivers power over the turbo motors, but I think the M2 chassis is one of the best ones around. The car is not sloppy, it's alive and playful, and quick to change direction. I'd take this chassis over M3/M4 any day. If it came with a V8 (with no change in weight or distribution) it would be the absolute perfect car in my mind.

P.S. Has anyone LS swapped an M2 yet? I kid I kid, I know you can get much better power density out of the S55.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 07-08-2020 at 04:02 AM..
Appreciate 2
Megator517.50
MDuckie96.00