View Single Post
      04-21-2020, 12:46 PM   #8
SuperF10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
It really depends on what has been done for maintenance so far. For example, if you just did all of the fluids at 50k, most of them don't need to be changed again yet. Since you haven't owned it long, I'll assume you don't have maintenance history. These are things that should be considered if you don't know when they were serviced last, if at all:
-Engine oil/filter
-Engine air filters
-Cabin air filter
-Brake fluid flush
-Check protection level of coolant
-DCT fluid/filter
-Rear differential fluid
-Spark plugs
-*ignition coils
-*injectors
-*MAF sensors
-Primary/precat O2 sensors

Fluids/filters are what they are. Do them or don't do them yet; if you need to spread out some of the work you could forgo some of them until next oil change or two.

I highly recommend the precat O2's and spark plugs be changed this time around. You should notice an improvement in "driveability" especially if the O2's are original. The MAF's are another area that could show better performance after 70k miles. I've replaced everything mentioned above at slightly different times and noticed at least a small improvement each time... small improvements I didn't think the car needed!

*I hate replacing parts "just because", but the coils are known to fail and if you buy them from RockAuto they are dirt cheap. The injectors are another crap shoot. If you don't have problems with them, you could probably wait longer before replacing. You won't save that much labor (if any if you don't watch what they bill for) by doing them at the same time as the plugs/coils.

Good luck!
Don't replace your injectors prematurely. They are probably covered by BMWs 10yr/120k warranty (double check because it's specific to production date). I had my injectors replaced free of charge when they failed. Coils are ticking time bombs on these cars, if you can, do coil and spark plugs.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...38372-9999.pdf TSB

Also OP, stay away from the dealer if you are trying to save a bit. Go with Zimmerman rear rotors, they are almost identical.