No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
People will buy this for badge only!
I'm not sure if your post is a bigger insult to BMW or this vehicle's future owners. When you insinuate that people will only purchase because of the brand, it's an apparent acknowledgement that you don't find any value in BMW's products. Otherwise you'd be able to identify how this vehicle is superior to its competition. Surely you agree this is a better car than a Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford, etc.; no?
But he's right, a good portion of buyers of luxury cars (especially lowered price models) do buy them because of the badge and how it is perceived.

I don't see any Honda Civics in music videos, but S-Classes and 7-Series they're seen as cool and impressive and they can make you look rich even when you can't afford the payments.

Why buy a reliable Accord or Camry when you could have a 5 year old S-Class with tons of problems!

Its all about brand image, and the Germans have some of the highest brand cachet.

Also, you're comparing this to mainstream brands, but what mainstream brand is offering a subcompact sedan for over $30-50k? Sure a Camry can go towards $40k but its a different class in size and type.
Appreciate 1