Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaGearhead View Post
Good to hear im glad you were able to drive both. But by any chance do you know how the rear seat headroom and leg space is compared to the charger? And how did you feel the power difference between the two?
I cant say for sure because it kind of depends on the position of the front seats. Here is the data from both cars that I pulled online. M5 has more head room & shoulder room by 2 inches but charger has a little more leg room (which doesn't really matter for a car seat)

2013 M5
Rear head room 38.3 in.
Rear leg room 36.1 in.
Rear shoulder room 56.2 in.

2018 Charger
Second Head Room : in 36.6
Second Leg Room : in 40.1
Second Shoulder Room : in 57.9

As for the power, hands down M5. The charger had the power as well but it sucked on putting it down to the wheel, probably because the one I drove had like stock 255 wheels where as the m5 comes with 295.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaGearhead View Post
Will do! How do you consider the m5 in reliability? And do you think it will still depreciate a lot more over a 3 year ownership? I've never owned german just because of maintenance and depreciation but is the driving experience worth any downsides it has?
M5 reliability is like more BMW car is that its good as long as the car has been taken care of. You really want to check for services records and overall care of the car. If its not already at a BMW dealer. Take it to one and have them do a private purchase inspection (ppi) before buying the car. Costs average $200-300. As for deprecation, '13 are pretty much set now. Now that the f90 is released, I don't see them dropping that much anytime soon (5 years ago they were ~$110k).
Appreciate 0