08-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #5
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
Hey everyone, not sure if this is allowed but I'm making the switch and would like some advice. I've scoured the forums but just wanted to clarify a few things.

I drive aggressive and I like a stiffer/no body roll with obviously some room for pot holes/bad roads.

I thoroughly enjoy the m50i I drove yesterday but as someone pointed out, its "lose your license fast" which is very true. I am not to be trusted.

So, i'll get the x5 40i msport, executive package, etc etc. in terms of suspension, what would provide the LEAST body roll?
1. adaptive M that's standard on msport
2. integral steering + air?
3. can you get the msport with integral steering only (no air)?
4. any other insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You're going to get body roll on any X5 without Active Roll Stabilization that is only available with DHP - Dynamic Handling Package. If you want the best handling X5 with minimalist amount of body roll and flat cornering response - you're going to need to pony up for a M50i with DHP.

Out of the options you've outlined for a X5 40i M Sport:
Option 1, Adaptive M will offer you the sportiest dampening and handling 40i. It's going to roll but if you rive like a mad man, it's the best you're going to get with a 40i.

Option 2, IAS + 2VR - the most comfortable riding 40i with height adjustment. The air suspension does button down in Sport mode.

3. Unfortunately to get IAS, you have to order 2VR or go xLine and order ZOP - Off Road package

Appreciate 1
nvsocr755.00