View Single Post
      08-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #22
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
So here is what I'm thinking...through reading these posts, I have collected about 39 issues that I categorized as "software related". This includes but is not limited to issues caused by updates.

I liken this to people who complain about issues with their computers that are caused by having auto update enabled. On a computer you can choose to have it notify you that an update is available, you can then choose when or if you want it. I know with Apple you can also read what the update has in it before deciding to take it. I was hoping the X5 had the same options.

For example, if it did, and it said the update fixed an issue with maps location and you knew you weren't having that issue, you might decide to skip that update for fear it would break something you used that did work.

Another example might be that all the features you use work perfect, you're a happy camper in which case you could turn off your auto updates and live a happy life.

Yes - no? Maybe?
I would say no. I have not seen any issues brought up due to the Apps and Services updates. Those are not the same as iDrive updates. These updates deal with not only with Apps but with services such as Real Time Traffic, weather, etc.

Even with iDrive updates, I would say it would be a very foolish move to not ever take an update. On the whole, there have been very few major issues with them, maybe three or four. Other than that just little annoying things that don't matter in the long run. We all have our different priorities and what we feel is important and what we are comfortable with.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 08-15-2019 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 2
Tenac4602.50