Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46m3 e91 N53 e90 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_460cs View Post
Firstly, run Diagnostics i.e. INPA, clear both historical and current fault memories.. then check and see what returns...

if you have lumpy idle and sooty exhaust then its likely injectors will need doing. easy way to confirm this is pop the spark plugs after one evening.. this will tell which are leaking as the plug will be wet.

Index 11 are a big improvement. parts cost is 900£ for 6 injectors from merlin + decoupler rings £40 from Harry Fairborn..

Personally yes id remap and dump the NOX system..
Thanks for the response Will. I’ve done as you advised and multiple Nox errors have come up again including the ageing Cat. Hence I’m considering doing the mid Cat delete and mapping the sensor out. P-torque offer this and I’ve had good experience with them before on my 125i.

I’m just a little confused, by mapping the Nox out and deleting the mid Cats, would the car still run stratified as per normal and I wouldn’t get any more Nox error codes? What would be the difference between a Nox delete and lets say the Noxem etc.

Thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_460cs View Post
Firstly, run Diagnostics i.e. INPA, clear both historical and current fault memories.. then check and see what returns...

if you have lumpy idle and sooty exhaust then its likely injectors will need doing. easy way to confirm this is pop the spark plugs after one evening.. this will tell which are leaking as the plug will be wet.

Index 11 are a big improvement. parts cost is 900£ for 6 injectors from merlin + decoupler rings £40 from Harry Fairborn..

Personally yes id remap and dump the NOX system..
Thanks for the response Will. I've done as you advised and multiple Nox errors have come up again including the ageing Cat. Hence I'm considering doing the mid Cat delete and mapping the sensor out. P-torque offer this and I've had good experience with them before on my 125i.

I'm just a little confused, by mapping the Nox out and deleting the mid Cats, would the car still run stratified as per normal and I wouldn't get any more Nox error codes? What would be the difference between a Nox delete and lets say the Noxem etc.

Thanks again

You didn't mention if you had popped the spark plugs after leaving it over night - if you haven't do this this..

Mapping out the Nox is essentially the same result as noxem both are fooling the car in to thinking the box sensor is either giving good data (noxem)or the data doesn't matter (mapped out). Same result two different ways of achieving it. A remap will give 265bhp on the 3l n53, allot of running companies don't offer that bump up although I believe it's a generic remap option.

You can physically remove the nox cats with either solution and you should do this as there no point in having them there as they are restrictive. As I mentioned Direnza have a cheap but works stainless mid section.

Whoever remaps a 325i n53 should get 265bhp alongside the nox delete.
Appreciate 1