05-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #8
Wolfus Aurelius
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i (gold/cream)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpalvarez View Post
Hey Fam,

I recently purchased a 320i, at the time, its all I could afford. I love the experience and just being in a BMW. I recently over-indulged myself to many youtube videos, mod pages/forums and seen how enthusiastic drop significant $$ on upgrading the performance. Someone, told me the 320i is "the bottom of the barrel," am I wrong? Also, is there any worth to invest in upgrading the performance? (tune, air-flow. etc.) Thoughts? If you have a 320i and have mod-it, let me know your "Why" towards your investment?
Remember, too, that to non-enthusiasts, a BMW is a BMW is a BMW. The naming scheme won't mean much to them (I didn't get the naming scheme for MBs until I started studying the vehicles). So the "320" won't mean much compared to a "328." The BMW badge will be the big thing. The non-enthusiasts all think BMWs are $80K cars, so yours will shine anyway.

If impressing other people isn't important to you (and let's face it: You can't bring the car into the bar with you to impress the girls), the build quality and the sheer fun of driving it will impress you every time you push the Start button and shift the car into D.

Added to say: If you saved money on the payment, that will please you too, every time you gas up or have service done on the 320i. Yours has the M-Sport package? I suspect you'll get plenty of enjoyment out of your car!
Appreciate 2