05-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #12
yewlock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
I really enjoyed the X3 M40i, more than I thought I would. I drove one during the ///M Driving Days last year at COTA, but it was only for a short 1/4 mile drag strip (stop in the box). I wasn’t impressed with it at that time, probably due to it being in the mix with several other true ///M vehicles such as the X6M, M4, and M5. Driving them all back to back made the X3 M40i seem weak (obviously).
But real world driving for 3 days and 300+ miles left me impressed. Other than it being smaller (interior and exterior) and lacking staggered wide rear tires it is a great riding SAV. In Sport Plus/Individual mode it was very quick and the exhaust was on par or better than my MPE. It also was loaded with updated tech compared to MY2016 X5. The seats were too small/narrow for my liking, I’d have to see about an upgrade option. But the price was right, it has a MSRP at $61K and had some nice 21” wheels.
Overall it’s a nice option if you don’t need the space and room of the X5, it fit much better in the garage as well.
X3m40I seems like a fun car to push. Just wonder how the X3M will do when they come out later this year.
Appreciate 0