View Single Post
      04-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #24
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerischer View Post
yes you are talking about blanking the swirl flaps. well guess what. my mechanic just did that coz my flaps were leaking, and that was probably due to the oil separator not being ever changed, so i will look at it. however, i am now considering buying a new intake manifold with swirl flaps, coz i lost power delivery, as others mention that too, however, some just refuse to acknowledge it. my mechanic and also other mechanics are suggesting to blank it saying you wont lose a drop of the power, but guess what, owners are complaining they lost some and i did too, so who is right!? and i suspect my fuel consumption went up and i think those flaps are there for a reason. i am even trying to eitgher call or visit and engine plant in Steyr austria where these engines and built, and ask someone who really knows his shit and not some joe knows it all without any credible claims
I’ve de-flapped 2 of these engines and honestly never noticed any difference in performance or fuel consumption what so ever! If I had of I would have put new flaps back in.
Appreciate 0