View Single Post
      12-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #19
BMWM3TS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by perth1 View Post
Sorry guys, I only tried to show where the general market depreciation has taken the value of an 8 to 10 year old 'performance' car such as M3, C63 and RS4.
I used the flywheel kw from factory search criteria in Carsales, so I didn't look at which one is fastest or most refined.

All these used to sell new for about $140k to $180k to the first owner 8 to 10 years ago. If some of the advertised selling prices are roughly a third now, that is an average depreciation of roughly $10k per year over the time period.

I think the E9x M3 could be a bit like the older 911 Porsche, it will come down to a low, then it may stay flat, or even increase again when people realize they can't get similar cool cars new anymore.
Cheers,
One thing a aircooled 911 cant provide a dct e9X can is that rev matched downshift blip magical engine note that lso is note ain't coming through the speaker system.
Good bang for buck at circa 40k with a tune and exhaust.

About 4 -5 years ag, 40k got you the keys to a reasonable aircooled, different market but and also impacted by overseas prices. But any day you can buy a toy, enjoy it actually drive it and flog it off later and it hasn't cost you anything is a good day. Something to say about driving the last of the analogue cars , but not selling. Eg too much time invested in finding the last of the 2x factory stock 420 hp analogue cars (e90 m3 and 911tt) and tweaking them how I want them setup. Dont see many of either on the road. Not all e9x's or 911's are alike when your fishing at the bottom end of asking price ranges.
Appreciate 0