View Single Post
      11-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #14
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

So I just unboxed my exhaust. And Wow! Before we get to that though, another 'short' story about how we got here:

so yeah for me exhaust on a sport car is a must; no may be or buts about it; gotta do it. So I knew I'd buy an exhaust and in fact I was shopping for it as I was shopping for the car lol. My last e90zcp I ended up picking up a used Gintani valved sport for it (it was actually was delivered w/ the car as the seller from here ended up living in Atlanta where the car was delivered from). Liked It but thought it wasn't loud enough. So I later paired it with fabspeed hfc xpipe; was louder but i still wished for louder. But I always liked that I could turn it on/off for quiet or louder.

As I was looking for this car I knew I wanted loud and valved. So a couple months, I came across locally an e92 zcp 6mt that had IPE exhaust paired w AFE hfc xpipe. I drove that car once and OMG I was in love w that sound. I ended up not buying that car but kept my eye used sets of IPE. Ipe we all know cost a grip even used. After searches and you tube videos I also came across other valved loud options Armytrix, Greiseg, and Frequency Intelligent (FI). I actually found a used Armytrix and paid for it but seller back out because of shipping issues. I was ok w that particularly since those had blue tips that I wasn't crazy about. Then I saw the CF tips that came with the FI exhaust and realized that their price new was pretty much same as a used IPE. And since all those valved loud exhausts pretty much sounded the same to me I decided to pull the trigger on the FI. I texted AR_Motorwerkz and within a week or so I bought this bad boy: Full catless FI w/ CF tips. Those tips were a big sell for me. Thought they'd look sexy against the Melbourne red. Plus they seem less common than the others so why not something more "unique!"

Now on to the exhaust. I just opened the box and will install it next week. As soon as I opened the box I knew I had bought high end stuff. The padding to protect the exhaust, the little pretty boxes with the CF tips inside; the pretty remote box with authenticity card. I felt like when I buy a $200+ bought of blue label or high end Gucci sneakers. Half of the trick w such purchases is the presentation! The exhaust looks to be extremely well made and welded. It's sick looking and again... those CF tips though. They are sexy!!!Here are some pics! I'll unwrap everything and take better pics of the full system once I get to the shop. Can't wait for the sound but first I plan on dyno on Monday to see the output stock and then take one after to see what gains are.[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Conzyo769.00