View Single Post
      10-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #29
jnecr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Figueroa View Post
The reset h just brought back, that there are no sensors that read and measure those factors. Really take a look at your article.... even it tells you, it's unclear if the CBS takes the factors into account. It's pure speculation and with no findings of sensors or any information on ISTA that says anything about these measurements... there not much to say. If you want to believe you have a special car that has this extensive technology, that's up to you... but on mine and all others do not, to my knowledge. Until you can find a bmw part# and description of the sensors that actually measure those factors, I'm done arguing with you. It's a waste of my time. Have a good day.
I agree there's no sensor in the pan for measuring impurities. However, no extra sensors are required to measure fuel consumption, RPM, vehicle speed, and engine temperature. Having seen it myself, I know my car adjusts it's oil change interval based on how the car is being driven.

And again, you need to brush up on reading comprehension. The factors they're talking about in that particular sentence are ambient temperature and driving terrain.