Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Black 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnecr View Post
Sorry man, you're flat wrong. I was near the 1000 mile mark before my oil service was due. I took a long trip (700 miles) and when I got back my oil needed to be changed in... ... 1000 miles. It takes into account driving style and conditions. Just like as noted in the article:

Quote:
The CBS system tracks oil life through mileage, the amount of fuel consumption, and information about oil quality from a sensor located in the oil pan.
The line you cherry picked (without including the very pertinent previous line!!!) refers to ambient temperatures and driving terriain:
Quote:
Certain driving habits can affect the life of the oil, as well as driving conditions such as temperature and driving terrain. Lighter, more moderate driving conditions and temperature will require less frequent oil changes and maintenance, while more severe driving conditions will require more frequent oil changes and maintenance. It is unclear whether the CBS system takes into account these factors...
Since you did so much research:
Quote:
Your comments intrigued me and just to make sure I did some research on ISTA+ and that confirmed my information.
Why don't you include that research instead of just stating that you confirmed your information?
The reset h just brought back, that there are no sensors that read and measure those factors. Really take a look at your article.... even it tells you, it's unclear if the CBS takes the factors into account. It's pure speculation and with no findings of sensors or any information on ISTA that says anything about these measurements... there not much to say. If you want to believe you have a special car that has this extensive technology, that's up to you... but on mine and all others do not, to my knowledge. Until you can find a bmw part# and description of the sensors that actually measure those factors, I'm done arguing with you. It's a waste of my time. Have a good day.