View Single Post
      06-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #19
xlr231
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 - 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
I think your requirements are listed bass ackwards. First decide on the model. If either is OK, decide on the transmission. Then the colors.

Unless the bigger brakes in a 128 are a necessity, the least important is the sport seats and suspension. I purchased a no frills 32k mile 2008 128 manual a year ago. I have a set of 135 sport springs in the garage next to four new Koni sports. Now I am one step above the sport suspension. I bought an electric sport seat from a member here. Now I have that option and I don't care that the passenger seat is leatherette and the drivers seat leather.

See where I am going?
Yes, I've considered getting a non-sport model, but I think there would be too many things I'd want to change. Seats, no paddle shifters, chrome trim, suspension, no rear diffuser on the non M-sport 128i, maybe the steering wheel. I also live in an apartment so i don't really have a good place to work on a car or store a bunch of extra parts.

I've test driven a bunch of 1 series, but on Saturday I drove 2 back to back at the same dealer and spent close to an hour driving them. One thing I noticed this time was the seat belt really was pulling tight across my shoulder. I think I'm used to driving cars where the B-pillar is farther forward so the seat belt anchor is more just up instead of way behind you pulling back. Anyway, I think the seat belt pinched a nerve in my shoulder. I noticed shortly after driving them part of my hand has gone numb, and it's been that way ever since... Maybe it was how the seat was adjusted, but after my hand is back to normal I'll need to try another one and see if it happens again.

Last edited by xlr231; 06-20-2017 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0