Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joester View Post
I just bought my OEM kit from getbmwparts.com, way cheaper than ECS for the exact same OEM stuff. Great customer service too, at first my CC didnt go through but they took care of it very quickly for me after i resent my info.

Only downside is no free shipping, but i think its still cheaper than ECS even with shipping cost.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462

Good luck!

EDIT: dont forget your gallon of coolant, too.
I didn't buy a kit when I did mine.

Make sure you take the FMIC and Fan out. This will free up a ton of room.

Also, make sure you buy a new U shaped hose that connects the thermostat and water pump.

Behr makes a good t-stat. I bought an Siemens/VDO water pump. FCP Euro had them for $390.00.

You'll need new bolts for the water pump.
I had my water pump and T-stat done at about 60k miles as water pump was failing. I just did my radiator; and, based on that experience I'd suggest (1) pulling fan and FMIC as suggested above when doing water pump and t-stat (you will appreciate the room) (2) consider replacing ALL hoses in and out of both water-pump since you are already down there. That will be frustrating, but MUCH worse if you need to replace one of them down the line and spend two hours just to get to the darn thing.....

I don't like spending extra money on parts, but I despise doing work twice.......

MHD / Wedge / 93 Octane/ xHP / FMIC / Inlets / Catted DPs / CP / DVs
Appreciate 0