View Single Post
      03-01-2017, 02:50 AM   #50
rypik@BW
Rep
Drives: S65/S85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
This thread is like a conversation of amateur bird watchers trying to identify a bird by its droppings.

1. Most models get both MECH and AUT typcodes - this means NOTHING.
2. Every new version of this file adds typcodes, but also deletes typcodes. The fact that you see something in just a single version of the file means NOTHING.
3. In many cases in the past, a model would show up in this file, then prototypes would start driving on the roads, then some of them would even be shipped to Woodcliff Lake for final eval - and then the market would get NOTHING.

(This is my only contribution to this thread. Please don't ask questions - I've just said everything I have to say on this.)

My few words on that. Using your perception, your post value is NOTHING.
Some amateurs bird watchers or rather amateur ornithologists can easily tell what kind of bird did the dropping ... consistency, smell, size and colour. It all vary but it all can lead to some conclusions.

If you wanted to be informative, you should have posted 12 versions of file i have uploaded , use grep tool to see that your statements are not necesarilly true about adding and deletion of production codes. It would have taken you less time than writing your very informative reply.
Or if you are patient guy, you could have manually counted up cars which are there and in fact weren't mass produced. That would be a solid fact, wouldn't it ?

Someone at HQ is adding those codes because of weather, mood or day of the week ?
Do you know who and why is adding these codes ? If yes, feel free to inform.

Again, you should have informed everyone around what is this file used for, what is its origin, etc. or just do not reply without adding any kind of value to this thread.

Wanted to be pro, so act like a pro. Dragonflies are beautiful but easy to be knocked off. ;-)

TLDR; it's better to predict basing on this than on rumours that have no solid background. that is reason behind my uploading this for the community. If i did wrong thing, i wouldn't upload anything else, what for ? Thought reasons for existence of bimmerpost is solid discussion place...

Only death, taxes and HPFP failures are things that we can be 100% sure of, right ?

One thing that everyone around might be completely sure of is fact that if a model do not exist there (list) it's not in late/final stage of development.

Really no offence sir, i'm not trying to insult you in any way, just wanted to be very clear of initial purpose of upping it, because your reply might confuse or undermine reason for this thread to exist.

Cheers

Last edited by rypik@BW; 03-01-2017 at 03:05 AM..
Appreciate 3